Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Learning About Thrift Stores Today

Now that I am unemployed and on a super tight budget I decided to go see what Thrift Stores offer.  My first stop was at a Goodwill Outlet where everything gets dumped into bins and is sold by the pound.  I found 3 bins full of picture frames and chose 5 made from wood in various sizes and one was silver with a beautiful design on it.  A few of them had pretty expensive matting in them that I can use again.  My price for these ended up being $2.49 cents and even with the paint I will use for some of them there is no way I could beat this price any where.  Glass was intact with all of them.  I plan in the future to have two of my photos printed on canvas in a larger size and I found stacked along a wall there where some larger wood frames.  I will definitely be looking for those frames when I need them back at the Goodwill Outlet.

The second Thrift Store I went to was pretty well organized by sections so I went up and down the wood aisle and there I found a wooden shelf in perfect shape that is about 2 feet long.  I had been looking at shelves to place smaller frames on and I found one for $1.50.  Not sure why I did not try this Thrift Store thing before and plan on learning about a few others in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment